Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to reality; start of school term

one week after the start of a whole new semester...

I'm glad this first week has been great. somehow, I'm able to speak up more in class now than in previous semesters. I've been seeing exchange students around and would really love to hang out with them someday. it would remind me so much of my exchange life in Seoul..

I'm really excited about my trip to Europe in December. but at the same time, I'm also worried about my accomodation at my friends' place and spending too much time in Germany. The thing is... december is 4 months away from now. Nobody will know how will the situation be like then. What if my friends get attached, wouldn't it be strange for me to bunk in at their apartment?

Meeting Nico, martin and ayaka have been great. It's really awesome to see these people again because it makes me feel that the time I spent in Korea was not unreal; it was not a dream. The friends I made during exchange are a part of me now.

I miss Korea, Ewha, Ihouse, 7th floor kitchen, my room, my roommate, my neighbours, my friends, the food, the shopping so much..... and above all, the freedom and living in a foreign island with all my new found friends who got so close with me over a period of weeks and months resulted in a state of excitement. Because we were away from home, we were daring. We did all we wanted to do. No fear, almost no shame, and absolutely no barrier. Nothing stopped us from doing what we wanted. No reasons or excuses required. How thrilling is that? Learning new things EVERYDAY from the people I met there who grew up in such different environment and culture as me.

In any case, as much as I miss my life in Korea, I have to look forward and I hope I am. I am looking forward to my trip in Europe, possibly a 6 month internship after that, graduation, searching for my ideal job, earning money and finally travel around again. That is my motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment