Sunday, April 3, 2011

Life in Seoul


My half-completed ceramics house! :D


This week is one of the most happening week I've spent here so far.



I had homecook dinner, again by Nico. AWESOME. He added the tomato paste for Spaghetti into the tuna + rice mix and it was AWESOMEEEEE. I will definitely do it myself when I go back to Sg.




I visited a flea market at Dongmyo last sunday with Wisara, Oni, Shalini, Alison, Max and Aaron. There was nothing much at the flea market, basically old stuff for the older people and a lot of food.




During the week, I went to Insadong and Namdaemun with Nico. Namdaemun is a market that sells stuff for old people and a lot of food. It has nothing much but Insadong is really interesting. It's touristy with nice looking shops that sells Korean traditional masks, cutleries, paintings and food. It has fancy looking restaurants. We went into one shop that sells traditional masks and the lady who attended to us was soooo cute. She's about 50 yrs old, speaks pretty good english (it's rare here) and was joking with us the whole time. She thought that Nico was a brazilian and I blabbered, "oh no, brazilian guys are hotter." haha. Anyway, Insadong is certainly worth a visit :)







We went to a bar on friday. They have some games for their customers. One of them is beer pong where cups half-filled with water are placed to form a triangle shape, just like bowling. The opponent then have to throw a ping pong ball from a distance. Each cup with ball thrown in will be removed from the triangle. So the team who gets rid of the cups the earliest wins. Pretty cool but I suck at it. haha. The other one is to stuck nails on a wood table and the players take turns to hammer their nails into the wood. The player who hammers his nail completely into the wood the earliest wins. I think it's probably a game only for guys. It was barfly after that, pretty usual.









Yesterday was farm experience day. About 100 students went to visit Garume village, located in Yang-pyung Kyung-ki province. We took a 2.5 hour bus ride before we finally reach there. We made some pancakes, rice cakes and rubber guns! The last activity was strawberry picking! We had an empty box each and we went to a strawberry farm, picked the strawberries and went home with it :) The strawberries taste seoul good. They're sweet :)








Last night was really happening. We met up with Jaeyeon, Younhee and her friend, Jihan. We had pretty good dinner at a Korean restaurant then we went to Papa Gorilla. It was really a real clubbing night. We had several tequila shots and Rio got wasted. So Nico, Martin and I took her back to dorm and we partied in 709 with some awfully loud music and Yoghurt Soju. The rest joined us after that and it was crazy. Everyone was drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment