Us at the Prof's cafeteria where he felt like he got "Banan" and blamed me the whole time for recommending that place. "Banan" is a french expression which has a similar meaning as being "cabbaged" in Singlish.
A regular meal in school's cafeteria.
Haven't been updating my blog for almost 2 weeks already. OOPS.
Anyway, life here's great. I party every weekend and visit touristy places maybe once a week. I met some really good friends here - esp The Crew.

Anyway, life here's great. I party every weekend and visit touristy places maybe once a week. I met some really good friends here - esp The Crew.
and then a crazy night. I was almost 2M tall on his back!
Alexis and Nicolas are from France. They're my floor mates. I feel really as if we're a small family. Maybe they're two big brothers to me when I'm drunk and I'm the big sister when I'm clear minded. Haha. Sounds weird to put it this way but it's quite true because they take care of me most of the time especially when I'm drunk while I sew their clothes for them and maybe help with washing the dishes during the weekdays. Nico is quite a smart cook. Last Friday, we went to do some grocery shopping with Kai and Martin (the Giant). We came back and he prepared dinner - tuna with rice and milk. Yes, milk with rice and tuna. Never would I imagine adding milk to rice and tuna. It was very simple but it's creative and healthy :) Awesome.

Cook at work.
Nico's one interesting and charming guy who always get checked out by the girls here in the uni. Someone who knows who I truly am. He knows me so well that I was surprised. He points out to my flaws that I'm eager to change them so that he stops pointing them out. Treats me like i'm his little sister and always calling me a small thing.
Alex is one of the most talented non-professional photographer I've met. He takes great pictures with his Canon DSLR. He is one of my most appreciated friends I made here. He takes great care of me when I feel down. He's always looking out for me when we go to parties but appears to be a meanie when I'm sober. He's always pretending to be mean but he's not at all. Maybe just boyish at times which may not be a bad thing afterall.
And Martin, the german giant. Like he said, "it's always funny to watch the both of us together." He's 1.96M tall. My tallest friend ever. He's kind, lovely and absolutely honest. Always so real. That's what I like about him. And yea, he always get drunk (with me). Haha.
And Rio, a girl from Japan. She amazed me with her beliefs (as with most Japanese) and thoughts. I never knew that Japanese were so "asian". I mean, conservative, in some ways.
And Martin, the german giant. Like he said, "it's always funny to watch the both of us together." He's 1.96M tall. My tallest friend ever. He's kind, lovely and absolutely honest. Always so real. That's what I like about him. And yea, he always get drunk (with me). Haha.
And Rio, a girl from Japan. She amazed me with her beliefs (as with most Japanese) and thoughts. I never knew that Japanese were so "asian". I mean, conservative, in some ways.
We make a great crew. Though there were times when things had not been so good, I think we're all good now :)
It was Jonas's farewell party on Friday. Daniel was leaving in 6 hours. I was drunk that night so I could not remember a lot of things. From what I heard, Daniel cried hard because he had to leave Seoul. This place holds so much memories for him and I'm sure it will for me too. I cannot imagine how I would feel on the day I leave this place. The friends I make here are better than awesome. I could never imagine me getting to know people like Nico and Alex. We're such good friends in just 4 weeks? Now I truly experience the phrase: Life's like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you'll be getting next.
It was Jonas's farewell party on Friday. Daniel was leaving in 6 hours. I was drunk that night so I could not remember a lot of things. From what I heard, Daniel cried hard because he had to leave Seoul. This place holds so much memories for him and I'm sure it will for me too. I cannot imagine how I would feel on the day I leave this place. The friends I make here are better than awesome. I could never imagine me getting to know people like Nico and Alex. We're such good friends in just 4 weeks? Now I truly experience the phrase: Life's like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you'll be getting next.
The crew and two other newly made Korean friends visited Kyung Bok Kung on Sat. It's a palace with great structures that looked totally ancient and located right in the middle of the city (which is strange when you look at all the modern buildings from inside). It reminds me of those Korean dramas like Da Chang Jing. What was missing were people dressed in traditional Korean costume. I saw only 1 lady in the Korean traditional costume. The place is so touristy that you see tourists everywhere.
Yesterday, I finally FINALLY went to a wine bar in Seoul since I got here. I've been missing wine SO much and I finally got the chance to taste it, again. :) It was pretty awesome esp with the company of Nico Alex Martin and two Korean buddies. I love my time here.

Us having food at a road side stall because of the 1.86M tall Alex. He's always feeling hungry.
On a separate note, I'm taking Korean Ceramics now!! I was at buddy lunch (a daily affair where intl students and buddies may gather to go to lunch tgt) and Nico was gonna head to his Ceramics class after lunch. It was third week of school already but I am really interested in it. So Nico brought me along and I was lucky that the Prof had 1 more vacancy left. The course registration deadline has passed which means that I will not be getting credits for the class but it does not matter to me. It was so fun. It reminds me of primary school days when we had to do Art & Craft. Last week's task was to make a house. I'm almost done with mine. It's a Korean traditional house. I hope it'll turn out good :)
Good things come with the two brothers - Nico and Alex. I love them so much.
At the same time, I miss my family and friends in Singapore too; but not SMU.
No comments:
Post a Comment